Waterleau, member of Group Machiels, is a global Water Technology Company committed to protect one of our most valuable natural resources: water. We provide solutions for water production, wastewater treatment and water reuse. We will do everything in our power to help industries and municipalities reach their sustainable development goals. We strongly believe that every drop counts.
Passionate about water, we have developed a portfolio of state-of-the-art water technologies and acquired an impressive track record of +2000 references across all continents. Our services include design & build of turnkey plants, technology pack providing as well as outsourced operations and maintenance.
To meet the increasing demand and in order to further strengthen our position within the international industry, we are currently looking for a:
A remarkable accountant who seeks to make a positive impact on a sustainable world.
In the role of Accountant, you will contribute to the objectives of the Finance department and be responsible for:
Accounting for different Belgian entities of the group, including:
- Fixed assets
- WIP bookings for projects
- Payroll bookings
- Processing bank transactions
- Computing and posting accruals and deferrals
- Closing activities
- Booking of purchase invoices (leveraging on scan recognition software)
- Overseeing intercompany flows within the group and reconciliations
- Assisting in the A/R process
- Assisting in putting in place and follow up of guarantees supporting our business (Bonds, LC’s, …)
- Preparing VAT returns, corporate tax returns for Belgian entities
- Preparing various reports such as AP / AR ageing, fixed asset roll forwards and analytical reports
- Assisting in annual financial audits and possible tax audits
- Participate in improving internal procedures
You will report directly to the Group Accountant.
- Bachelor in Accountancy with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, and MS Office in general
- Knowledge of project accounting is a strong plus
- Experience with SAP S4HANA and Business Central is a strong plus
- Hands-on mentality, must be able to work independently
- Organised, practical and able to manage time and priorities
- Good communication skills, also via email and Teams
- Able to work with Microsoft Teams and Outlook
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Be part of an international ambitious team passionate about water and the protection of the eco-system.
Challenging position in a company determined by growth.
Attractive salary package with extra benefits (smartphone, laptop, groups- and health insurance, ….)
Find your local contact
Our expertise is always within reach. Digital communication has cut long distances short, but we advocate the traditional way of sharing insights.
Contact us today. We are looking forward to help you reach your sustainable development goals.