As a Project Engineer, you are responsible for the (mechanical) design and engineering of water and waste water treatment projects by organizing and controlling all technical elements of a project. Within the Engineering department, the project Engineer supports and guides the CAD department for the preparation of P&ID’s, 3D’s and different technical drawings. The project engineer designs & prepares all required documentation in order to purchase all components and subcontract the mechanical installation works. The project Engineer assists the project manager in the interdisciplinary activities within the engineering phase of the project.
As a lead project engineer you guide and assist a team of junior project engineers and make sure the engineering deliverables of the complete project team are of sufficient quality and delivered on time. The lead project engineer is technically responsible for the engineering of his projects. The lead project engineer works in close collaboration with the project manager and reports to the engineering team leader or Director engineering.
- Prepare and/or review the required calculation sheets, hydraulic calculations and technical notes in order to guide the CAD Department
- Produce in collaboration with the CAD designer(s) P&IDs, civil guideline drawings, complete electromechanical 3D model, isometric and orthographic drawings
- Develop the specifications for all equipment that is required for each project.
- Prepare the required specification sheets in order to tender and purchase all components of the installation.
- Review the technical offer of Subcontractors and execute the technical purchase of all components of the Installation
- Work in close collaboration with other departments like process, electrical, automation …
- Ensure that the engineering final dossier is properly prepared and filed and that lessons learned for engineering are clearly identified;
Lead project engineer
- Technical responsible for your projects
- Daily management of junior project engineers and other engineers working on the same project
Required Skills and Experience
- You have a degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of Hydraulics, Piping and appendages, Pumps is required
- Knowledge of Process flows and P&ID is a must
- Knowledge of piping design
- Knowledge of CE, ATEX, PED
- Basic knowledge of mechanical strength calculation
- Basic knowledge of Electricity and Instrumentation
- Basic knowledge of Civil construction
- Fluent in English verbally as well as in writing.
- Team player, hands-on, capable of working under pressure
- Organised and good communicator
- Be able to work autonomously
- At least five years of relevant experience in the engineering of water or waste treatment plants
- Prepared to make short trips abroad
Find your local contact
Our expertise is always within reach. Digital communication has cut long distances short, but we advocate the traditional way of sharing insights.
Contact us today. We are looking forward to help you reach your sustainable development goals.