Waterleau, member of Group Machiels, is a global Water Technology Company committed to protect one of our most valuable natural resources: water. We provide solutions for water production, wastewater treatment and water reuse. We will do everything in our power to help industries and municipalities reach their sustainable development goals. We strongly believe that every drop counts.
Passionate about water, we have developed a portfolio of state-of-the-art water technologies and acquired an impressive track record of +2000 references across all continents. Our services include design & build of turnkey plants, technology pack providing as well as outsourced operations and maintenance.
To meet the increasing demand and in order to further strengthen our position within the international industry, we are currently looking for a: HSEQ Advisor
- As internal HSE Advisor you are responsible for the optimization and execution of the company policy regarding safety, health, wellbeing, environment and quality
- You follow up on legislation around wellbeing at work and translate them into clear guidelines and advice for employees and management
- You support all different departments within the company in terms of safety and health and with the preparation and execution of the projects
- You support the Project Managers regarding to HSE subjects: preparation/verification of HSE plans; drafting of risk analyses; advice regarding to the work methods to be used, the contractors, discussions with clients / specific client requirements
- You support the safety managers of other Waterleau Group plants (Waterleau Technics, Waterleau Morocco, Waterleau Macao and Waterleau New Energy Ieper)
- You sensitize, inspire motivate managers and employees, making them aware of the importance of applying all norms and rules
- You are the point of contact between the company and the external service for prevention and protection at work (EDPBW) and you are the secretary of the Comité PBW
- You are responsible for drafting and keeping up-to-date of the year action plan (JAP), the global prevention plan (GPP) and all legal obligations concerned in time
- You manage all possible risk analyses present at the workspace and take necessary steps if required
- You analyse work related accidents, almost accidents, near misses, frequency of work accidents and take necessary actions
- Accident & Incident investigation and communication to all involved parties (employees, government, insurance company, clients)
- You give advice concerning the choice and purchase of company goods, collective and personal safety tools
- You are responsible for fire safety and emergency procedures of our different locations.
- You manage and maintain all safety security in the company buildings and all inspections legally required
- You execute regular safety checks at the work place and all the plants of Waterleau. You make sure you follow up on all necessary action plan
- Maintenance of the HSEQ management system including the follow up of external audits
- Follow up of external audits regarding to our ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO 45001 management system
- Preparation, execution and follow up of safety related trainings (external & internal)
- Staying up-to-date with the most recent changes in your work domain
Required Skills and Experience
- You have a degree of Prevention Advisor Level 1, or are prepared to obtain it.
- A degree of safety coordinator is a plus
- Experience as a Prevention Advisor in an industrial or construction environment is a must
- You have experience with VCA and ISO systems such as ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO 45001
- You are a problem solver
- You are communicative, verbal and written, are punctual and respect deadlines
- You can work independently
- You like to work with colleagues of different levels and departments and work together towards the best possible solution
- You are fluent in Dutch/English and French
- You are willing to travel to visit client or project sites
At Waterleau each day brings a fresh set of responsibilities in an inspiring learning atmosphere. We offer you not only a competitive salary but also a range of perks that go beyond the ordinary.
Join our team and help build a sustainable future. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Find your local contact
Our expertise is always within reach. Digital communication has cut long distances short, but we advocate the traditional way of sharing insights.
Contact us today. We are looking forward to help you reach your sustainable development goals.