- Alkanes: methane, hexane, decane; alkenes: ethylene, hexene
- Aromatics & polyaromatics: benzene, toluene, xylenes; aldehydes & ketones: acetaldehyde, formol butanal alcohols & acetates: ethanol, propanol, ethylacetate
- Organo-chlorinated HC chloroform, perchlor - ethylene, dichloromethane
- Sulfur containing components: H2S, CS2, COS, methanethiol, mercaptanes, dimethyldisulfide, dimethylsulfide
- Nitro-organics & ammonia: diethylamine, trimethylamine, pyridine, acetonitrile, acrylonitrile
In case when solvent recovery is economically not feasible, Waterleau’s biological and thermal oxidation technologies for VOC treatment are harmless to the environment. The choice between bio filtration and thermal oxidation depends on the concentration of the VOC or organic pollutants containing Sulphur and/or Nitrogen.
Biological oxidation of VOC
(see odour treatment section)
Thermal oxidation of VOC
For the destruction of liquid gaseous wastes or mixtures of both as well as for the destruction of odours & VOC’s, Waterleau’s thermal oxidation technology offers a complete set of solutions allowing treatment of low/high concentrations in low/high flows.