Reverse jet scrubber
The heart of this system is the Reverse Jet, a gas-to-liquid contactor that creates a zone of intense mixing. The feed gas stream enters the top of a vertical duct and collides with the scrubbing liquid that is injected upward through large bore injectors. A standing wave of highly turbulent flow, called the Froth Zone, is created at the point the liquid is reversed by the gas.
The Froth Zone creates a very high rate of liquid surface renewal and efficiently quenches the gas to the adiabatic saturation temperature and absorbs dust and acids. Even under upset conditions, the scrubber is capable of quenching hot gases above 400 °C depending on the material.
- Gas flow : up to 1 000 000 m3/h
- Particle size distribution : > 1 µm
- Dust concentration : < 100 g/m3
- Handle huge dust loads (up to 100 g/m³)
- No plugging : large, open bore liquid injectors – non-restrictive open vessels
- Reduced bleed, by operating at high concentration up to 45 w% in the liquid
- Multiple functions in one scrubber (gas cooling, dust abatement, gaseous pollutants absorption)
- Broad turndown ration
- Low maintenance