Sustainable municipal wastewater treatment: LUCAS® TS cyclic activated sludge
Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plants aim to limit the eco-footprint
Today, Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plants (MWWTP) aim to limit their eco-footprint beyond regulatory compliance.
In search of increased efficiency, municipalities want to remove more nutrients and pollution, limit the plant carbon footprint as well as cut down total cost of ownership. In order to limit CAPEX, many municipalities turn to Public Private Partnerships for financing the project.
For limiting OPEX, technologies are considered capable of treating high-flows of wastewater with limited energy, chemical and labor cost. The Waterleau LUCAS® TS is an advanced solution combining high capacity wastewater treatment with reduced total cost of ownership.
LUCAS® TS: Secondary wastewater treatment
The LUCAS® TS treatment technology offers a very compact and high-capacity solution for secondary treatment as the core of the sewage treatment plant.
The innovative technology allows removing organic pollution, nutrients (N, P), as well as suspended solids present in the waste water. But the major advantage of operators is the system’s ease of operations.
- Best of Both: The LUCAS® cyclic activated sludge technology combines the advantages of conventional wastewater treatment technology with the fill-and-draw Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) technology. While conventional wastewater treatment makes use of separate activated sludge reactors and sedimentation tanks allowing a continuous process flow, the fill-and-draw SBR technology allows alternating the different phases into a single tank or compartment.
- Limited Footprint: The compactness of the LUCAS® TS sewage treatment solution is due to the combination of the proven LUCAS® cyclic activated sludge sewage treatment technology and the use of tube settlers during the clarification step.
- Reduced OPEX: Low on energy and chemicals usage, the LUCAS® TS system is the most sustainable compact solution for sewage purification.
- Efficient solids removal: Conventional clarification requires a large footprint in order to match the solids removal capacity of an inclined plate clarifier. In the advanced LUCAS® TS system, the two outer compartments serving as sludge settling compartments are equipped with inclined tube settlers and covered decanting weirs for improved sludge settling, effluent polishing and effluent withdrawal.
A business case for LUCAS® TS
- Reduced volume: LUCAS® TS needs only 72% of volume compared to conventional system
- CAPEX: reduced footprint: LUCAS® TS requires only 53 % of the footprint compared to conventional systems
- OPEX: reduced energy footprint: LUCAS® TS requires only 53% of conventional energy needs
- TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP: LUCAS® TS treats wastewater at 87% pf cost compared to conventional.
Find your local contact
Our expertise is always within reach. Digital communication has cut long distances short, but we advocate the traditional way of sharing insights.
Contact us today. We are looking forward to help you reach your sustainable development goals.