As Chief Accountant, you will contribute to the objectives of the Finance department and be responsible for:
- Supervision & support of the Accountancy staff with regard to the incoming / outgoing invoice process, settlement between organisation and stock & fixed asset management to ensure the progress of the accountancy & payment process.
- Periodical closing of the Belgian entities (general & analytical accounting), respecting deadlines
- Analysis of financial reports, check correctness of journal entries, payroll data, debtor / creditor ledgers and tax returns to ensure the guarantee of the correct data processing
- Oversee & close VAT, Intrastat and preparation of corporation taxes for Belgian entities and it’s international branches
- Assisting in the consolidation process, control of the balance sheet, and liaising with auditors
- Participate in the SAP implementation and further improving of accounting procedures.
- Motivating the team to ensure that their competencies, skills and know-how are best used and that we have a well-functioning team in place
- Master with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Fluent in Dutch, English, any other language is a plus
- MS Office and Excel have no secrets for you, good experience with ERP (SAP + Exact is a plus)
- Hands-on mentality and eager to take initiative.
- Team player, accurate and good communication skills
- Close collaboration with the Project Controllers and Project Managers
- Knowledge of VAT, periodical closing and accounting principles, and you keep yourself updated on evolutions related to accountancy.